7 July 2008

Thank you Karen!!!

So Friday morning I was off to photography Kurtis and Jennifer's wedding at Fantasy Farm in Toronto. The wedding went great and the weather was perfect. I left the wedding on time and headed back home. Half way home approx 10pm I heard a large clunking noise coming from my van. I pulled over on to the side of the road pushed on the brakes and a HUGE grinding and crunching noise just got worse. I couldn't move! I don't know much about cars but I do know that when you find a huge pieces of car parts on the ground, it can't be good!
Cell phone... dead! I waited and waited and waited and no one stopped to help me. I flashed my lights, got out of the van, nothing! Finally.. 11:30pm someone drives by slowly and then pulls over! She gets out of the car and asks if I need a cell phone.... I was like oh my god yes! Trying to control myself and trying not cry in front of this complete (but totally WONDERFUL!!!) stranger! I had to get it towed all the way back to Lindsay from Davis Dr by Uxbridge... it would have cost me a fortune. She had CAA come and tow me all the way back to Lindsay!
I just wanted to thank you Karen!!! Your truly a great person! I hope we meet again and your Dad makes a speedy recovery from the hospital! I wish you and your family all the best! Thanks a million!

2 comments:

Anonymous 11 July 2008 at 09:42  

Hey Crystal,
I'm so glad you made it back ok:) I was going to say no problem, anytime, but hopefully we never have to meet again under those circumstances! By the way your photos are great! Great meeting you that night, even though it was under those circumstances!

Good luck to you in the future!

Karen

Anonymous 15 July 2008 at 15:48  

Thanks so much to you again Karen! If ever I see someone need of help I hope I can help the way you did for me. Its a horrible feeling being stuck in the middle of no where late at night with no cell phone. I am forever greatful to you!!
Thanks again!

Antalyics Google

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP